Leather Reupholstery, Refinishing, and Restoration for Commercial and Residential Settings
Reupholstery and Leather Repair, of Sofas, Couches, Chairs, Antique Screens. We restore and custom dye to match vintage original, or new as you like. Named by New York magazine repeatedly as Best of New York, since our establishment in 1950. Residential and commercial restoration.
FURNITURE RESTORATIONMODERN FURNITURE RESTORATIONNEW FURNITURE PARTSCUSTOM FURNITURERESTORATION & PRESERVATIONANTIQUE FURNITURE CONSERVATIONUPHOLSTERYREUPHOLSTERY
Leather Reupholstery, Refinishing and Restoration
Reupholstery and Leather Repair, of Sofas, Couches, Chairs, Antique Screens. We restore and custom dye to match vintage original, or new as you like. Olek has been repeatedly named by New York magazine as Best of New York, since our establishment in 1950. Residential and commercial restoration.
Upholstered Furniture shows very little of the work that goes into it, until one sits on it. Original upholstery often contains coil springs, horsehair and cotton materials, which is often replaced by some reupholsters without client discussion or approval. At Olek, we don't start with cheaper foam rubber, since the feel of foam rubber is different than coil spring upholstery. Coil springs have provided firmer support for the better part of a century, compared to 5 -20 years at best for foam rubber. Down cushions can also be partitioned to prevent shifting of padding. This eliminates frequent plumping of cushions, and yields a much firmer, more comfortable cushion that supports where you sit, instead of everywhere else.
There are many types of recovering that we do at Olek. Some of the features provided as part of our services:
• With specialized stitching, including saddle stitching, or hand stitching
• Recovering with polyethylene or rubber backing, such as is found with Eames Lounge Chairs or Pollack Chairs manufactured by Herman Miller
•Any type of fabric, vinyl, or suede
• Victorian button tufted upholstery
•Superb pattern matching of repeats throughout recovered fabric
• Leather recovering requiring the use of full thickness ones, such as in the Wassily arm chair
• Victorian button tufted
• Coil spring recovering with spring edge platforms, frequently found in French Art Deco chairs
• Hand stitched modern chairs, including various designs by Arne Jacobsen (Egg Chair & Swan Chair) manufactured by Fritz Hansen, Hans Wegner, and othersk
• Eero Aarnio Ball chair, Mies van der Rohe Barcelona chair, Joe Columbo chairs
• Danish Modern chairs by Dux, and others. We use rubberized straps, Fagas straps, and other original strap materials for mid-century Modern chairs or sofas.
• Danish cord, Caning, rush, splint, and wicker work
• Corbusier lounge chairs
• Exotic chairs, including hair-on pony or cow hides, or zebra printed pony skin, manta ray, ostrich, deer skin, and others
Examples of our work before, during, and after: